Everyone Knows about Discord if you a Gamer or if you ever had played games. Its a VOIP (Voice Over IP) Free service. The Discord interface is quite simple and their developers are always up to date with updates and Bug which irritate Gamers.
But recently an error is showing in the Discord and it’s so annoying. The discord mic is not working in-game and Players are unable to Communicate with Friends. If you are also one of them, then make sure to check out the whole article.
Honestly, some days ago I also faced this error, and here I will show you the ways I have tried and which one of them is working for me. As its not the same error for all types of PC, so it’s better for you to try All ways one by one.
Things to do before moving to Below Methods
There are some simple things which you have to try before we start the below-given methods. because sometimes the error gets fixed with these easy ways.
But as I assumed that these ways are not permanent and you will still get the same error then you re-open your Discord or Computer. But you can at least try them to know that these things work or not.
- Closing your Discord From Home and also from Task Manager and Again open it. Usually, with this, the discord mic will start working.
- Run your Discord as Administrator or Unplug and plugin again your Mic Jack or USB.
- Close all the Tabs and makes sure to close Discord From Task Manager and then Restart your Computer or Laptop.
- Log out from Discord and then close the Discord. Again open it and Enter your credentials and hit Login.
Note – So, first try these 4 Steps, and if you are still unable to fix the error then read below given Methods. make sure to comment down the method which will work for you. so, it’s easy for others to fix it.
Method 1. Reset your Voice Settings
1. Click on Settings icon showing down in the corner.
2. Here Go to App Settings > Voice & Video.
3. Scroll Down to the bottom and you see “Reset Voice Settings” button.
4. Click on that and you see a message. Click Okay to reset.
5. Now Check your Mic is working or not.
Method 2. Update Audio Drivers of PC
With the outdated Audio drivers, this Error can be easily accrued. and you can fix it just by updating your Audio Drivers. To do that follow the below steps –
- Click on Start menu and search for Device Manager.
- Here you will see all the devices and if your mic is not detected you will it Other Devices Option.
- Right Click on that and click on Update Drivers.
- It takes some time to search for drivers and will install them on your PC.
- Now Open your Discord and check your mic is working or still not.
Method 3. Change Mic Settings from Default to Manual
- First Go to Discord Settings.
- Click on Voice and & Video Settings.
- On the Top, you will see Input Device and Output Device as Default.
- Default means Discord will automatically detect the mic which you are using for windows.
- and Sometimes this thing shows Mic error and from here you can select your Manual Working Mic.
Note – Make sure to check the Input volume and Output Volume which is given below to Input Settings and you can set it according to your needs.
Method 4. Change Voice Settings to Push to talk
Some of the Gamer and Discord Users confirmed that after Changing their Voice & Video Settings from Voice Activity to Push to Talk and mic again started working fine.
- First, open Discord and go to Settings.
- In the App Settings Click on Voice & Video Settings.
- Scroll down to the input mode.
- You will see Voice Activity is Ticked up and you have to change it.
- Tick on Push to Talk and Set a Shortcut Key.
- Now after that Check your Discord Mic.
P.S – With Push to Talk Settings you have to press the shortcut you have set for it and your friends can only hear you when you press the button. I know its a little annoying but this method works for many users.
Method 5. Changing the Quality of Service
- Go to Discord and Open Its Settings.
- Here Settings > Voice & Video Settings > Quality of Service.
- If this option is enabled in your Discord.
- Then uncheck it to turn it off.
- Because with these settings some routers misbehave and it occurs Mic Not working error.
Method 6. Changing Windows Privacy Settings
Sometimes Windows won’t allow Mic to use for some apps and programs. you can enable it by following below steps –
- Go to the Start button and Search for Privacy Settings.
- Now scroll down and you will see Microphone click on that.
- Here in Microphone settings, you have to Turn On Settings for Allow Apps to access Your Microphone.
- And below you can manually select which apps you want to use for microphone.
- Make sure Discord is ticked if it’s showing there and Restart your PC.
Method 7. Try Input Sensitivity on Discord
With the Green indicator on Sensitivity on Discord, it means your voice is transmitting perfectly and you can turn on Automatically Input sensitivity for better results.
- Go to discord and then go to Settings.
- Click on Voice & Video Settings.
- Find Input Sensitivity and if it’s off then turn if On.
- Now check your mic.
Method 8. Turn Off Exclusive Mode in Windows
When you turn on or allow applications to take control on audio devices drivers may cause this discord error and you can fix it by Disabling it from Recording Devices
- In Windows right-click on Sound in the below corner section.
- Now go to Recording Devices.
- Select the Microphone which you use and click on Properties.
- Go to Advanced Options.
- here if your Give Exclusive Mode Applications Priority option is Ticked Up, you just have to remove and to disable it.
- Now Reboot your whole system and check your Discord Mic.
If you are reading this and have tried all the above methods and still facing the same error. Then what you can do is Just Contact the Help Support team.
Lastly, you can also uninstall and then re-install Discord and Discord help support also will happy to help you.
Make sure to comment down when and how you have started facing this Discord Mic not working error.
and If this article helps you to fix the discord error then comment on your feedback and mention the method number which works for you.