Most of the Guys know that steam is a paid platform where we can download games and install on our computer and play anytime. Steam’s game management client is very streamlined if you’re only playing Steam purchased games, but it needs a little tweaking if you’re adding non-Steam games to the launcher. How To Add a Non Steam Game is a very easy task but users find it difficult.
The problem users are facing is that they don’t know how to add a non Steam Game. So here we came up with the solution that can help you in adding non-steam games and you can play them anytime. Read the article till end to know the problem and solution for it.
The Steam client is a really good way to organize your games and it works for both games if you’ve purchased from Steam and games you’ve added from your own collection like the game you have manually installed that isn’t part of the Steam platform. That’s the biggest problem when you do that, you’re on your own to customize the look of the icons of the game and artwork you have to do it by yourself.
This tutorial will guide you through the process: adding a non-Steam game or application
Adding a Non-Steam Game to the Steam
So, adding Non Steam games to the steam is not a difficult task, you can add any external game if you know the method and tutorial. it does not take much time to learn how you can add nonsteam games for the first time.
Like if you don’t want to do any artwork or change the icon then the whole process is about 2 minutes. then you can play the non steam game anytime. if you want to do the artwork and you have to learn how you can do this and this will take time to Customize the games artwork and icons.
You can add non steam game to the Steam without customization also it will take less time and efforts and it makes your game attractive if you change icon or artwork.
Steps For How To Add a Non Steam Game
These are the following steps that can help you to add the non-steam game to steam without any problem or hustle. if you follow the steps carefully then you will not face any problem.
- Firstly Launch your Steam client.
- Then Look for the “+ Add a Game” link in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Depending on which tab/view style you’re in, your background may not look like ours in the screenshot below but the link still be there.
- Select “Add a Non-Steam Game” from the popup menu.
- Then A new window will open and you’ll see a list of your games that are installed in your steam.
- Although we’re only selecting one game for the tutorial, you can select many games as you want during this process. Remember, what you add doesn’t need to be a stand-alone game. You could also add in gaming benchmark tools that you use or emulators that you load up to play other games. the non-Steam game function is essentially just a shortcut menu/dashboard so any .exe can go into it.
- After you have selected the items you want to add, click on “Add Selected Programs”. Now, all the applications you added are now in Steam.
- Now you are done, the nonsteam games is added to the steam
This is the method for How To Add a Non Steam Game and we hope this method help you in solving the issue and you can easily add the games with this simple method.
Still if you face any problem or you have any query related to adding non steam games then you can comment down, We will help as soon as possible.